For a daily report of fishing conditions provided by Mary Dette, call (607) 498-5350. 24 hour service – April 1 – July 1.
Emergence Chart: Beaverkill & Willowemoc Rivers
Prepared by W. A. ManchReprinted with the permission of Quik Type, Livingston Manor, NY.
|—||Little Brown Stone||3/1 – 4/15||1-4||20|
|Baetis Vagans||Blue-Winged Olive||3/15 – 5/1||11-2||18/20|
|Chimmarra||Early Black Stone||3/20 – 4/20||11-2||18/20|
|Paraleptophlebia adoptiva||Blue Quill||4/10 – 5/15||11-2||18/20|
|Epeorus pleuralis||Quill Gordon||4/15 – 4/30||2||12/14|
|Ephemerella subvaria||Hendrickson||4/20 – 5/10||2||12/14|
|Brachycentrus||Shad Fly||5/10 – 5/25||10-12||14|
|Stenonema vicarium||March Brown||5/15 – 6/1||A||12-14|
|Stenonema fuscum||Gray Fox||5/20 – 6/15||7||12/14|
|Ephemerella dorothea||Sulphur Dun||6/1 – 7/15||An&E||18/20|
|Ephemera guttulata||Green Drake||6/1 – 6/7||A||10/12|
|Isonychia bicolor, harperi||Dun Variant||6/1 – 9/20||A||10/12|
|Epeorus vitreus||Sulphur Dun||6/7 – 7/10||7||16|
|Ephemerella cornuta||Blue-Winged Olive||6/10 – 6/25||10-12||14|
|Ephemerella attenuata||Blue-Winged Olive||6/15 – 6/30||10||18/20|
|Stenonema canadense||Light Cahill||6/15 – 8/15||A||14|
|Potamanthus distinctus||Cream Variant||6/20 – 8/20||6||10|
|Tricorythodes stygiatus, atratus||Trico||6/25 – 10/15||7 a.m.||24|
|Pseudocleon carolina, dubium||Blue-Winged Olive||6/25 – 10/30||1-6||24|
|Ephemerella lata||Blue-Winged Olive||7/15 – 10/1||6||20/22|
A – all day; An – afternoon; E – evening
The Creekside Bookshelf
When you can’t be hip deep in the cool, scenic streams of the Catskills, why not read about your favorite activity? Our cabins have no televisions or radios to distract you, so cracking open a book when the sun goes down is the next best thing to casting. That is why we created the Creekside Bookshelf. We handpicked these titles with Lisa Lyons, former Director of the Catskill Flyfishing Center & Museum.
- In the Company of Rivers: An Angler’s Stories & Recollections by Ed Quigley
- Catskill Flytier: My Life, times and techniques by Harry Darbee with Mac Francis Lippincott, 1977. Introduction by Sparse Gray Hackle.
- Art Flick’s New Streamside Guide by Art Flick. The definitive guide on aquatic insects.
- The Dettes-A Catskill Legend : Their Story and Their Techniques by Eric Leiser. The family that greatly advanced fly-tying in the United States right here from Trout Town, USA (Roscoe, NY).
- Catskill Rivers : Birthplace of American Fly Fishing by Austin M. Francis. The story of where it all began.
- The Beaverkill : The History of a River and Its People by Ed Van Put (Editor). Read the history of this famous river, written by a favorite neighbor of ours.
- Fly-Tying by Helen Shaw. An outstanding introduction to fly-tying.
- Joan Wulff’s Fly Casting Techniques by Joan Wulff. Joan is a legend world wide — and for good reason. Her techniques work. We are very fortunate to have such a talent residing locally and teaching at her famous school.
- Lee Wulff by Jack Samson and Joan Wulff. Lee Wulff was a flyfishing pioneer who traveled the world but always returned to the Beaverkill.
- “Land of Little Rivers” A Story in Photos of Catskill Fly Fishing by Austin McK. Francis
The following links are among the best flyfishing resources that the Web has to offer.